I’d meant to post Friday, then Saturday, then Sunday. But you’re about to get them all for the price of one.
So first of all, Vermouth. It’s been done, but now you get to see it!
For the record, it was the right length when I originally measured it. But then with the weight of all that cotton pulling downward, it magically became a cape. Part of that has to do with the raglan decreases stretching at the shoulder far more than anything else. The lengths were actually still reasonably right, but rather than extending down and out from my armpit like I’d measured, it was from a point far removed from my body.
What the follow-up post would have contained is this: I fixed it. I probably owe it to EZ in some part, as I’ve taken to telling myself that “I’m the boss of my own danged knitting!” A situation like this would normally leave me feeling sort of helpless; what can I do to a finished piece to fix the shaping, the stitch count, anything? Length was an easy one, though. Just cut!
And then re-thread.
And bind off.
Not the stretchiest edge I’ve made, but it works. It’ll likely be another “around-the-house” jacket, but those are still nice!
And… it’s still kind of big horizontally. Better than if I’d kept it on the 8s, but I probably still could have gone down a needle size. This is what happens when I follow patterns, it seems like. I’m going to leave jackets, sweaters, and their ilk alone for now, but when next I visit them you can bet I’ll be going patternless again. And maybe even brioche! But that’s later, later.
Besides that stuff the only other important item was the shawl. Still on the lace edging.
And right now, I’m at the 61st repeat. 10 to go. Oh, and I’m taking the day off tomorrow so that I can knit. Expect a post, because I won’t have an excuse not to!
And for those of you who celebrated, I hope you had a lovely Easter.